We are a queer, woman-of-color owned business that moves forth in the spirit of social justice. We are here to put money, equity, and power into the hands of Indian farmers, and to disrupt, and decolonize an outdated commodity spice trading system.
You can read our founder’s story to starting the business here.
Our Turmeric is:
1. FRESH - same-year harvest, milled every 3 months
versus powders that can be up to five years old, still sitting on a grocery store shelf. Our turmeric retains its floral fragrance due to its freshness.
2. POTENT - made of a pure heirloom variety
versus conventional turmeric, made of a blend of multiple low-quality varieties. Half a teaspoon of our turmeric equals one teaspoon of conventional turmeric in flavor and potency.
3. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY - double-tested 4.7% curcumin content
versus no guaranteed curcumin content or usually below 2.5%, if tested at all.
4. SUSTAINABLE - organically farmed
versus industrial spice farming sprayed with chemicals, grown for yield and storability. Our turmeric is grown for the best flavor, fragrance, and reversing soil depletion.
5. & EQUITABLE - directly traded and farmers paid up to 6x the commodity price
versus a fractured, unjust supply chain that only profits the traders and pays the farmers the least.