We tasted and tested every masala (spice blend) on the market and truth is, most of it sorely lacked flavor, included hella fillers like palm oil and stale, cheap spices, and frankly did nothing special for what we had cooking and brewing. After years of sourcing from small, regenerative family farms and more R&D than we ever thought possible (!!!), our masalas are here to do better by our community and the diaspora.
Contains all six of our house-blend masalas:
- Chai Masala: 45g, Our dream blend: rich in cardamom and ginger, sweet with fennel and cinnamon, and spicy with a touch of pepper and cloves.
- Haldi Doodh: 45g, The healing drink of our grandmothers, but made distinctly Diaspora! Use our blend to make the most delicious and well-rounded haldi doodh you've ever tasted.
- Tandoori Masala: 50g, Whether involving a traditional tandoor (clay oven) or a good old grill, our mouth-watering blend is made to play with smoke and fire.
- Chaat Masala: 45g, This sour, mouth-puckering blend is the star ingredient at roadside chaat stalls across South Asia. It and can be sprinkled on top of cut fruit, used to rim a cocktail glass, added to brighten up a chutney, or stirred into seltzer.
- Garam Masala: 47g, The ubiquitous garam masala elevates just about any dish with its signature complexity, versatility, and heat.
- Biryani Masala: 45g, This masala makes the most beautifully aromatic biryani! Whether it's classic Hyderabadi, Malabari prawn, or your secret family recipe, we've made a masala that acts as your foundation but is made to be played with and built upon.