- 12 Baraka Cardamom pods, ground
- 1 and 1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 and 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp rose water*
- pinch of salt
- rose petals for garnish
(all rose waters aren't created equal, so add your rosewater tablespoon by tablespoon until it taste right to you!)
- Pour the evaporated milk, cream, sugar and rose water into a saucepan and add the ground cardamom seeds. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, stirring fairly frequency to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When it starts to boil take it off the heat and transfer to a bowl to cool down, then put in the fridge. When the mixture is cold, pour into kulfi molds (or a freezable container) and decorate the top with rose petals. Cover, then freeze until solid (3-4 hours).
- To remove the kulfi from their molds, dip them into hot water for a second, turn them upside down over a plate, and give them a sharp tap on the top.
- Serve with some fresh fruit or just by itself!