Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ⅛ teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 ½ tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped radish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, add carrots, cauliflower, radish (if using), ginger, white vinegar, salt, mix using a spatula and set aside.
- In a small pan heat oil on medium heat, add asafoetida, mustard seeds until the seeds crackle about seconds then pour over the above vegetable mixture. Using a spoon quickly mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Serve with rice and dal. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, after that vegetables will start to break down and won't be crunchy.