- 1 large horseradish root - approx 6-8 inches (if you can't find horseradish, any other radish will do, though not as powerful!)
- 1 large ginger root - approx 6-8 inches
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic head
- 1 large orange (whole - do not peel)
- 1 large lemon (whole do not peel)
- 1 small bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 small bunch of fresh oregano
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 serrano pepper
- 2-4 dried chiles of your choice (suggested Guntur chilli, chile de árbol , chile guajillo, chile cascabel - or better yet, a mix of them all)!
- 1 tablespoon Pragati Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Aranya Peppercorns
- 4-6 cups Raw apple cider vinegar with “The Mother”
- ¼ cup echinacea
- 2 tablespoon holy basil
- 2 tablespoon lemon balm
½ cup honey or more to taste
64 oz jar (half a gallon) or one gallon jar if doubling the recipe
Parchment paper if using metal lid
- Begin by chopping the horseradish root into medium sized pieces or use a mandoline to slice into thin/almost transparent disks. Make sure you do this in a well ventilated area or outside, because horseradish is potent and has the ability to clear your sinuses and make you cry on sight!Add to the container you will be using.
- Chop ginger, onion, garlic, whole orange, whole lemon (do not peel), fresh and dried chiles and add to your container.
- Add 1 or 2 bunches of fresh woody herbs like: oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage to the container - no need to chop.
- Add dried herbs and spices like whole peppercorns, turmeric, and more immune boosting herbs like echinacea, holy basil, and lemon balm to the mix.
- Cover with raw apple cider vinegar until everything is submerged by at least an inch. Produce may spoil if not completely submerged.
- Place a tight fitting lid (if using metal use wax or parchment paper to prevent the lid from corroding). Shake well.
- Place in a dark place for 4 weeks and shake daily. Send your medicine a little affirmation and give thanks each time.
- After 4 weeks, strain with a fine meshed sieve or cheesecloth, making sure to squeeze out any extra juice from the chopped roots and herbs. Stir in ½ cup of raw honey or more to taste.
- Place in sterilized containers - no need to refrigerate can last up to 6 months. Take 1 tablespoon up to 3 times a day for boosting your immune system or if you have cold/flu-like symptoms. You can also dilute with water/juice or add to smoothies/salad dressings!