Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1¼ tablespoon masa cornmeal
- ¾ teaspoon Pragati Turmeric
- 1¼ teaspoons hemp oil (I love Ojodelasol but any high-quality hemp oil or high-quality extra virgin olive oil works too)
- 1.5 cups raw honey
- This recipe is a template. I have golden brown skin that dries out easily, so I can afford to up the turmeric and the oil, without having my face developing a jaundiced yellow tint or turn overly oily. If you have lighter skin, use less turmeric in your first batch. If you have oily skin, use less oil at first. If your skin doesn’t do well with exfoliation, use less masa at first.
- In a small bowl, mix the masa cornmeal and turmeric with your oil of choice. Mixing with clean hands, make sure that all the oil is evenly absorbed by the turmeric masa.
- Slowly drizzle in the honey, making sure to break up any turmeric masa clumps and get an even paste. Store it in an airtight container with a wide mouth for easy scooping for up to 3 months.
- Apply to a dry face (a wet face will make the honey slip off). Using two fingers, scoop up about 2 tablespoons of the mask and gently apply all over your face in a circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Keep on for 2-3 minutes (about as long as it takes to brush teeth) and follow up with your choice of toner and moisturizer.