Active Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup tahini, divided
- 1 cup semolina flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill) (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour with xanthan gum (such as King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour) (about 2 1/8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Pragati Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoon ghee, melted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle of oven. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Brush muffin cups with 2 tablespoons tahini.
- Whisk together semolina flour, sugar, gluten-free flour, turmeric, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- Stir together ghee and remaining 2 tablespoons tahini in a small bowl until combined. Add tahini mixture to flour mixture, and stir just to incorporate. Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup water until a smooth batter forms. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 25 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil until muffins are golden brown, about 2 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and serve warm or at room temperature.