- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw whole pecans
- 3/4 cup raw pepitas
- 3/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup canola oil or mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup date syrup, like Just Date Syrup
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Makhir Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Anamalai Mace
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- A couple pinches flaky sea salt
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and cut into sixths
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, date syrup, maple syrup, ground ginger, mace and kosher salt until fully combined. Add the rolled oats, pecans, pepitas and almonds, and toss well, coating every oat and nut in the oil syrup mixture.
- Transfer the raw granola mix to a rimmed baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, stir and bake for another 15 minutes. Add the chopped dates, gently stir to combine and bake until the oats and nuts are toasted and the dates have dried out slightly, about another 10–12 minutes. If using, sprinkle flaky sea salt over the granola immediately after it comes out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle the crystallized ginger over the cooled granola and toss to combine. Granola will keep for up to a month in an airtight container store in a cool, dry place.