- 2 tablespoons neutral oil or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon Nagauri Cumin seeds
- 2 whole Kandyan Cloves
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 gently smashed Baraka Cardamom pods
- 2 black Aranya Peppercorns
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (or 2 cups cauliflower and 1/2 cups basmati rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pragati Turmeric
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Guntur Sannam Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Fresh cilantro to serve
- In a pressure cooker or a pot with a lid, heat the oil or ghee on medium high heat until it shimmers. Add the whole spices and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for a minute until just fragrant.
- Add the vegetables, spices and salt and saute to mix well. Add enough water to cover and pressure cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. If using a pot, cover and cook on a medium low flame for 20 minutes until everything has softened to your liking.
- Adjust the salt to taste. Sprinkle with cilantro and server with yogurt, lentils or as is!